Goods & Services Tax Software For Billing & Accounting
The Process of GST Registration.
Businesses with the following aggregate turnover are liable to register and pay for GST.
|Region||Liable to register for GST||Liable to pay GST|
|North-Eastern States||Rs. 9 Lakh||Rs. 10 Lakh|
|Rest of India||Rs. 19 Lakh||Rs. 20 Lakh|
While registering for GST, please make sure that you have soft copies of the documents mentioned below:
|Constitution of Business||Partnership deed
|Principal Place of Business||Memorandum/Article of Association
By-laws of society
Tax Paid Receipt
Municipal Khata Copy
Any other certificate/document issued by the government
|Details of Authorized signatory||Letter of Authorization
Copy of resolution passed by BoD or the managing committee.
|Details of Bank account(s)||First page of the bank passbook
|Photo||Photo of the business owner|
|Others||Other supporting documents|
Registration process for existing tax payers
If you’re an existing tax payer, you will receive a provisional username and password from the tax authority under whom you are registered. You can also reach out to the tax department to obtain the provisional username and password.
You will have to use these credentials to log into the GST portal and submit the necessary forms for obtaining GST registration. To start with the registration process,
- Log on to www.gst.gov.in
- Click New user login and enter your provisional username and password.
- Click Login
- In the screen that follows, you will be prompted to enter your email address and mobile number.
- A One Time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered email address and mobile number. (The one you receive in your email and the one you receive on your mobile number are different). Enter both the OTPs to complete the verification.
GSTIN (GST Identification Number)
GSTIN is a 15-digit identification number issued by the tax department upon successful processing of your application.
- The first two digits represent the state code.
- The next ten digits represent the PAN number of the business owner.
- The thirteenth digit is the entity number of the PAN holder in a state.
- The fourteenth character is “Z” by default.
- The fifteenth digit is the checksum digit.
GST Software Get hands-on with GST right now!